Be as healthy as possible before any tattoo
- If you are sick, the healing process will be slower, and the treatment may be less comfortable than when you are in good health
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours before a procedure; alcohol in your bloodstream tends to increase bleeding during a procedure; and
- Make sure you've eaten something and have had enough to drink (not alcohol!) so that you are not dehydrated
- Delicate skin or sensitive areas may redden and swell slightly.
- It is advisable not to make social plans for the same day immediately after your treatment, particularly for lip procedures.
- If you bruise or bleed readily, or regularly use Fish Oil, Ginger, Garlic, Ginseng or Ginko, it is recommended that you start taking Arnica Tablets for 3-5 days prior to your treatment
Eyebrow procedures ...
- you can wear your normal make-up on the day of your treatmentt
- bring your favourite eyebrow pencil/s with you
- unwanted eyebrow hair can be removed at your appointment, but you may find it more convenient to have excess hair waxed or removed prior to your appointment
- if your eyebrows are normally dyed, wait at least 48 hours after colouring before your treatment, and at least 7 days after your treatment, before recolouring.
Lip procedures ...
- you can wear your normal make-up on the day of your treatment.
- bring your favourite lipsticks and/or lipliner/s with you
- if you are susceptible to cold sores / fever blisters / mouth ulcers / the procedure is very likely to activate these conditions. To help prevent or minimise the outbreak, it is recommended that you start using Zovirax Cream (available from the Chemist), for 2 days prior to your treatment, and for the 5 days immediately after.
- If you suffer from severe cold sores, it is recommended you take a course of Zovirax, Famvir or similar tablets, commencing the day prior to treatment and then continued for 4 days after a Cosmetic Tattoo Lip treatment. The suggested dose is 1000mg per day (doctor's prescription required)
Eyeliner procedures ...
- please don't wear mascara or eye make-up; but your other make-up is fine.
• eyelash extensions must be removed before your treatment; do not reapply for 2 weeks
- if your eyelashes are normally dyed, wait at least 48 hours after colouring before your treatment; and at least 7 days after your treatment, before recolouring.
• discontinue use of eyelash growing/thickening products for 2 weeks post treatment
- if you wear contact lenses, do not wear them to your appointment; and do not wear them for at least 4 hours after your procedure (preferably not for the rest of the day). So, please bring your glasses.
- it is also recommended that you wear your sunglasses after the treatment.
Areola and Nipple Recreations ...
- colour is restored to create new nipples and areolas after surgery
- breast reconstructions after breast cancer
- breast reductions
- scars appear less obvious, and can be further camouflaged if desired.
- there are no specific pre-treatment requirements.
- the treatment takes about an hour, and when creating a new unilateral areola / nipple, care is taken to match the original areola as closely as possible. Often two treatments are required.
- at the time of the treatment the colours will appear very strong - however over the next 4-6 weeks you can expect to lose around 40-60% of this depth.
- full after care instructions will be provided during the treatment.
Allergy Testing ...
- If you suffer from any metal or chemical allergies we may recommend allergy testing (particularly for lipliner) at least one week prior to the planned procedure.
I look forward to working with you. If you have any questions, call me, or make notes so that we can discuss them when you arrive for your appointment. Please be mindful of the section "What you need to tell me" (refer Frequently Asked Questions) & obtain a Doctor's Certificate for any condition listed, prior to your treatment!